When you’re starting an online business, you’ll take all the help you can get.
Aside from advice from mentors and successful people in the industry, there are various tools, software and plugins you can use for an online store running on WooCommerce. But which ones are worth investing in, and will they really help you to drive more sales?
The short answer: Yes. But luckily, you don’t have to sieve through the internet of things to find them yourself.
Here are 15 of the best WooCommerce plugins you can start using to grow your online store:
Designing Your WooCommerce Store
First up, let’s chat about designing your WooCommerce store.
These plugins will help you design a website that stands out from your competitors, use cool elements to push shoppers closer towards a sale, and generally make an impact with your website.
Ready? Let’s dive in.
1. WooCommerce Customizer
The WooCommerce Customizer is a plugin that offers an easy-to-use interface to use built-in features already offered by WooCommerce. You’re able to customize things like:
…all without advanced PHP skills, or a coding degree, to use it.
2. PickPlugins Product Slider
Do you want to find a plugin that allows you to show images of your product, along with its information, in an attractive way that complements your existing design?
PickPlugins Product Slider does exactly that. The sliders created are totally responsive and mobile-ready (which is important for ranking your store well in Google), and offers tons of customizations, including:
- Setting the slider to display products automatically or when hovering
- The number of columns in each slider
- Selecting which products to display
Here it is in action:
Pricing: Free, or small fee of $19 per month.
WooCommerce Plugins for Handling Orders
With WooCommmerce, you can handle, manage and track orders directly in their CMS. However, if you’re looking for some extra help with handling and fulfilling orders, here are three WooCommerce plugins you’ll want to invest in:
3. Product Import Export
The Product Import Export plugin does what it says on the tin: Helps you to easily import and export products in your WooCommerce store. That’s not where it stops, though.
This plugin has cool features, such as:
- The ability to import products from a CSV file
- Automatically update/sync details of items in your inventory
- The option to export your complete product details
…all of which are designed to help you save time.
That’s the aim of any plugin, right?
Pricing: Free, or $69 per year for the Pro version.
4. PDF Invoices and Packing Slips
Sick and tired of generating invoices in a Word document, then converting them into a PDF, and emailing them to your customer?
You can streamline that entire process using the PDF Invoices and Packing Slips plugin.
Again, this plugin does what it says on the time: Sends PDF invoices and packing slips to your customers. But the beauty of this plugin is that it automatically attaches the document to WooCommerce emails of your choice–eliminating the risk of forgetting to attach it at all.
The plugin also:
- Generates bulk invoices and downloads them to your PC
- Allows shoppers to download their invoices and packing slips from their account area
- Gives the chance to customize each document template
Pricing: Free, or $59 for the premium version
5. YITH Order Tracker
Long gone are the days of complex email automations that notify your customers when you’ve shipped their order. With YITH Order Tracker, you can easily manage that process from your WooCommerce store.
This plugin allows you to:
- Easily manage the status of your orders
- Send tracking data to shoppers as soon as you’ve marked the WooCommerce order as complete
- Customize the shipping notifications you send to customers
- Direct people to your carrier’s page with a button called “My Orders” for more information
Shipping-related reasons account for over 60% of all abandoned carts, yet this WooCommerce plugin could make sure you’re not contributing to that ever-increasing figure.
Pricing: Free, or $56.99 to access all features.
6. Order Delivery Date
Did you know that 28% of online shoppers have had a parcel left in an unsecure location? That’s bound to lead to frustration–and it could be directed at your store.
Solve that problem with the Order Delivery Date plugin. This tool allows your shoppers to choose a delivery date for their products while on the checkout page, reducing the chances of their parcel (and your beloved products!) being incorrectly delivered.
This plugin also:
- Disables which days you can’t deliver their products
- Sets the delivery date field as mandatory on your order page (great for national holidays!)
- Limits the number of orders you’re able to deliver per day
- Enters the next available delivery day automatically
Pricing: Free, or $99 for a one-year license.
Handling Payments on WooCommerce
Processing, handling and recording payments is one of the most important things to consider when running an online store. Without a handle on it, you won’t know how profitable you are–or if you’re making any profit, whatsoever.
Here are two WooCommerce plugins you need to take advantage of:
Are you shipping products to customers all over the world? I don’t blame you–especially when over 70% of consumers have purchased at least one international product online. However, cross border eCommerce comes with its disadvantages. The main one being a struggle to handle payments in different currencies.
That’s why you need the Multilingual plugin. The tool gives international shoppers the ability to translate product information into another language with the click of a button–providing them with the details they’ll need to make an informed purchase.
(You wouldn’t purchase a product if you didn’t understand what you were getting, right?)
The plugin also:
- Sends emails with the language specified by your shopper
- Sticks to the same language throughout the entire shopping experience–from product pages to checkout pages
- Fully optimizes your site for multilingual SEO
Pricing: Free, or $79 per year for the Pro version.
8. Stripe for WooCommerce
If you’re looking for a payment processing system that works with your newfound global customers that doesn’t have extortionate fees (like PayPal), it’s worth checking out the Stripe for WooCommerce plugin.
This tool allows you to accept all major credit and debit cards through your store, along with local payment methods. It also:
- Is safe and secure, and trusted by millions of shoppers
- Comes with support for mobile payment–including Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Supports recurring payments
- Offers a fast, responsive and streamlined checkout process
Pricing: Free to use, but a 3.9% + 30 cent fee for each payment you’re processing through your online store.
9. EU VAT Compliance
Opening your site to international customers also comes with the burden of foreign fees. One of those is VAT–something you’ll need to pay when selling to customers in Europe.
That’s a struggle, though. How can you display prices including VAT to European customers only? The answer: The EU VAT Compliance plugin for WooCommerce.
Along with detecting your shoppers’ location and displaying prices including VAT, this plugin:
- Helps with transparency by showing costs upfront
- Adds a line for VAT on European invoices
- Integrates with your existing WooCommerce tax rates settings
- Supports currency conversions
Pricing: Free, or $49.54 to access all features.
Plugins for Improving Your Store’s User Experience
When surveyed, 86% of buyers would be willing to pay more for a better user experience when shopping online. Why not use that as ammunition to improve the experience you’re giving to customers when they visit your WooCommerce store?
Here are three plugins to help:
10. YITH Wishlist
Long gone are the days of writing a wishlist in the notes section of your phone, or screenshotting your cart to revisit it when you’ve got a bit more cash to spend.
With the YITH Wishlist plugin, your shoppers can create a wishlist on your store–boosting the chances of those who abandon their cart to come back and complete the sale.
The wishlist plugin also:
- Inserts an add to cart button on the wishlist page so shoppers can easily purchase
- Allows shoppers to share their wishlists with family and friends (great for birthdays or Christmas presents!)
- Uses the products added to your customers wishlist for future remarketing
- Is GDPR compliant
Pricing: Free, or a fee of $81.99 (depending on the number of sites you’re using it on).
11. WooCommerce Gift Cards
Almost 93% of American shoppers have either given or sent a gift card. Combine that with the fact 65% of gift card holders spend an extra 38% beyond the value of the card itself, and you’ll want to start using the WooCommerce Gift Cards plugin pronto.
This plugin allows you to add gift cards to your online store. You can set multiple cards varying in value, and minus the credit when it’s redeemed.
The Gift Cards plugin also:
- Sends personalized emails to notify someone who’s been gifted a card
- Gives shoppers the chance to specify the amount, add the recipient, and insert a custom message when the gift card is sent
- Integrates with various WooCommerce themes
Pricing: Free, or $49-$99 for unlimited usage.
Run out of a popular item? Use the Waitlist plugin for WooCommerce to collect the email addresses of shoppers who want to purchase the item, and put them onto a waitlist. Then, when it’s back in stock, you can send personalized emails to redirect them back to your online store to finish the sale.
The Waitlist plugin has other cool features, including:
- Enabling or disabling guest users
- Integration with various types of product
- Track key details like customer lists, products needed and quantity for managing your inventory
Pricing: Free, or a one-off fee of $14-$40 for the Pro version.
Marketing Your WooCommerce Store
Businesses are spending between 9-12% of their annual budget on marketing, but these marketing plugins can cut the cost (and time) you’re spending when making your store visible to ideal customers:
13. Social Media Marketing by Around.io
Over 2.46 billion people use social media–so there’s bound to be people interested in what you’re selling on a platform like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
The Social Media Marketing plugin from Around.io helps you find and target them by:
- Promoting your store/products on 5+ social media platforms
- Automatically sharing links to your products on social media
- Creating image collages for increased visibility
- Storing, managing and editing over 1,000 photos
- Measuring and analyzing the success of your social media strategy
Pricing: $14.99 per month, or $29.99 per month for the Pro version.
Did you know that 69% of all online shopping carts are abandoned? Reasons range from hidden costs to complex checkout processes, but using the OptinMonster plugin for WooCommerce can make sure you’re closing more of those sales.
This plugin works by displaying time-sensitive offers (such as flash sales) to reduce overall cart abandonment rates, while also:
- Creating high-converting email forms to boost conversions and collect customer information for future targeting
- Uses smart targeting to display relevant promotions based off previous data
Pricing: From $19-$99 per month.
15. Pixel Caffeine by AdEspresso
Facebook advertising is a fantastic way to grow your eCommerce business. And, when you combine the ability to display your brand on the world’s biggest social network with the ability to retarget customers who’ve already visited your site, you’ll want to jump onto this strategy as soon as possible.
That’s where Pixel Caffeine comes into play. A plugin built by the AdEspresso team, this software helps you to manage complex Product Feeds. It also:
- Helps to set-up the Pixel needed for retargeting and collecting on-site data
- Creates advanced custom audiences
Offers easy installation, without the need for a developer or knowledge of code
Final Thoughts on WooCommerce Plugins
As you can see, there are several plugins that you can use to drive more sales for your WooCommerce store.
Now it’s just a matter of clicking through and determining whether they’re worth the investment!
Fancy using Google Shopping campaigns to boost sales even further? Check out our Shopping Feed tool which will allow you to create a Google Shopping product feed for free (up to 100K products).