At the center of Q4’s growth? Record-shattering results during the Black Friday to Cyber Monday Weekend.
Hicksville, NY – Sales & Orders (www.salesandorders.com) Management Software for Google Shopping released its Q4 2016 US Google Shopping Growth Analysis Report on Friday January 27th 2017. As a part of an ongoing series of quarterly and annual digital retail advertising reports, the Q4 Analysis takes a deep dive into both shopper behavior and campaign performance during one of the most crucial selling periods for ecommerce businesses. The dual nature of this report looks at both quarter-over-quarter analyses while also showing the growth of 2015’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday to 2016’s.
One significant trend that has remained clear throughout all of 2016 and which continued through Q4 was the growth in not only Mobile device shopper behavior but also the return retailers and advertisers experienced as a result. While PLA’s conversion growth on Tablets and Computers was strong as well at 80% and 97% respectively, it was the 195% growth in Mobile PLA conversions that exceeded many expectations.
Revenues generated by Google Shopping campaigns during the top holiday selling period between Friday November 25th 2016 and Monday November 28th 2016 spiked with Cyber Monday seeing over a 100% increase from 2015 and a 47% increase with Black Friday.
Other major insights included:
YoY & QoQ Shopper Behavior
- 44% YoY Increase in consumer searches that triggered Shopping ads
- Clicks on PLA’s rose over 30% as compared to 2015
- Nominal increases in both of 18% and 7% Quarter-over-Quarter (Impressions & Clicks)
A Look Into Device-Level Performance
- Computer-based shopping searches saw the highest increase at 800%
- Mobile PLA Ad Impressions rose by an incredible 109%
- Tablets showed an impressive surge of PLA’s served by almost 230%
Revenue Growth While Retailers Continue to Save
- Overall PLA Average CPC decreased YoY by 15%
- Quarter to Quarter retailer revenues jumped 22%
- Cost-to-Convert see’s almost no change at all (1% jump overall QoQ)
Device Specific Revenues Soar
- Retailers experienced on average a 20% increase QoQ in overall ROAS (Return-on-Ad-Spend)
- Mobile-device related Shopping ad revenues exploded in a QoQ result of 230%
YoY Black Friday & Cyber Monday
- Computer-based searches held sway in the PLA Impression Share
- 46% of searches were performed on Computers on Black Friday
- 55% of searches were performed on Computers on Cyber Monday
About Sales & Orders
Sales & Orders Management Software for Google Shopping is the only platform dedicated solely to helping retailers and marketers create, manage, and optimize Google Shopping campaigns. The brain child of former Interspire (now Bigcommerce) Premier Partner, New Dynamx, Sales & Orders supports hundreds of retailers world-wide.
Recognized as a Premier Google Partner, Sales & Orders also provides managed services for retailers including Shopping ads management, Remarketing, and Product Data Feeds. Sales & Orders is based out of Long Island, New York. For more information, contact Sales & Orders at (888) 538-4594 or visit www.salesandorders.com